There are a few things to consider when choosing a Wind Turbine to supplement your power requirements:
- If you are living in a Town or City – Check with your local city council first before installing a turbine to make sure they allow them in your area.
- Check your existing solar system – Check the size; type and voltage of your battery system, to make sure it’ll match the voltage produced by the turbine you are interested in. Most of the time the wind controller can be ordered to match your existing system voltage.
- Where to put your new turbine? – Do you have the free air space to put up a turbine without it being in turbulent air? i.e., 6 meters up and above and trees and buildings and ideally 100M away from any structure, to get clean laminar airflow and peak performance.
- Know the average wind speed in your area (Online info for your area here) – If you are in a low wind speed area, you may need a five-blade turbine.
- Rated Power: 900W.
- Maximum Power: 1050W.
- Rated Voltage: 48V.
- Start-up Wind Speed: 2.5m/s (9km/h).
- Rated Wind Speed: 12m/s (43.2km/h).
- Survival Wind Speed: 40m/s (144km/h).
- Nett Weight: 29kg.
- Wheel Diameter: 2100mm.
- Number of Blades: 3 Blades.
- Blade Material: Reinforced glass fibre.
- Generator: 3 phase permanent magnet AC.
- Magnet: NdFeB.
- Generator Case: Die-cast aluminium.
- Control System: By controller
- Direction Regulation: Automatically adjusts windward.
- Working Temperature: -40°C~80°C.
- Packaging Dimensions: 132cm x 39.5cm x 30cm
- Warranty Standard: 2-year Carry-In Warranty.
All solar products, power systems, water heating and gas products and their components must be installed by appropriately qualified personnel. All installations must adhere to local wiring regulations and standards. Sustainable Online will not be held liable for any product malfunctions as a result of incorrectly installed systems.