How many Heliocol panels do I need?
- The general “rule of thumb” is that the total surface area of the solar panels must be at least half the surface area of the swimming pool. So, if you for example have a pool that is 5m long and 3m wide the pool surface is 5 x 3 = 15m². You will therefore need at least 15/2 = 7.5m² of solar panels. The Heliocol HC40 panel has a surface area of 3.85m² and so you will need 2 of these panels.
Do I need a thermal pool blanket?
- The thermal losses on the surface of a pool is significant and can drastically cool down the pool. This will get worst when even a slight cool breeze is blowing over the surface of the pool. The more the thermal loss the more panels you would need to try and maintain the desired temperature. It is therefore highly recommended to always use a thermal pool blanket to cover the pool when not in use. Even for indoor swimming pools this is important as the evaporation from the surface of the pool will cause heat loss and high levels of humidity inside the building.
- Please note that the use of the correct type of pool thermal blanket will also substantially reduce evaporative water loss, filtration pump time and chemical use and therefore we would highly recommend it even if you are not interested in a heated pool.
How do I install my pool heating panels?
- In order to ensure maximum system efficiency and full warranty coverage it is recommended that the system is installed by an authorized installer. Please contact us to find the installer closes to you. The installation manual is available for download here.
- Extend your swim season and get the most enjoyment out of your pool.
- More than double the output power of most similar sized panels.
- Best-selling and most professional pool collector in the world.
- Header and riser of identical material over moulded as one unit – no welds or joints.
- Open riser design eliminates moisture build-up under the collector preventing roof deterioration.
- Corrosion proof.
- Environmentally safe.
- Frost resistant.
- High wind and load capabilities.
- ISO 9002 Certified factory.
- 10-year warranty on panels, 30+ years of proven field performance.
- Dimensions (L*W): 2.92m * 1.2m.
- Area: 3.52m².
- Weight(DRY): 8.2kg.
- Volume Capacity: 11.4L.
- Weight(WET): 19.6kg.
- NO. of spacers: 9.
- Filled Area Weight: 5.3kg/m².
- Rec. Flow: 900L/hr.
F.S.E.C Performance Rating & Daily Output
- Cool 35°C: 10.29kWh/day by 35,100 Btu/day.
- Medium 50°C: 3.09kWh/day by 12,600 Btu/day.
1 Medium panel (3.2sqm panel) you will need:
- 1 x Medium panel.
- 4 x ppc connectors (Here you take 2 per panel and then add 2 to the final order, so if you order 4 x panels, you will go 2 x 4 +2 = 10 ppc).
- 2 x cpvc (in and out) – generally only need 2 irrespective of installation size. Just an in and out.
- 1 x flapper (non-return) – only need 1 per systems. Acts as a non-return valve and prevents back flow.
- 1 x union – only need 1 irrespective of the number of panels.
- 2 x end caps – only 2 required per installation.
- 3 x ball valves – only 3 required per install irrespective of panel amount.
- 1 x vac breaker – only 1 required per full install.
- 1 x vac adaptor – only 1 required per full install.
- 1 x 2m length strapping per panel. – here you take 2m of strapping per panel, so 3 panels, you need 6 meters.
All solar products, power systems, water heating and gas products and their components must be installed by appropriately qualified personnel. All installations must adhere to local wiring regulations and standards. Sustainable Online will not be held liable for any product malfunctions as a result of incorrectly installed systems.