To choose the correct components for your PV Water heating system it is important to know the irradiation levels in your area. In case of low irradiation areas more PV panels will be needed to get similar heating performance to high irradiation areas.
• Low Irradiation areas - Durban, East London, Phalaborwa, Embalenhle, Port Elizabeth, Bela-Bela, Mokopane, Polokwane, Klerksdorp, Orkney, Potchefstroom, Stilfontein, Bethal, Delmas, Emalahleni, Middelburg, Rustenburg, Brits, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Soweto, Virginia, Welkom, Botshabelo.(includes system and 3 x Renewsys Deserv 335W Solar Panel)
• High Irradiation areas - Bloemfontein, Kimberley, De Aar, Upington, Cape Town. (includes system and 3 x Renewsys Deserv 275W Solar Panel)
GeyserWise MPPT Charge Controller with Element Connector Cable (1.5M)
• Maximum input voltage 150V.
• Peak efficiency 98%.
• Maximum output amps 40 AMPS.
• Ambient temperature Up to 70°C but de-rated at 1 amp per degree at temperatures above 50°C (do not expose to direct sunlight).
• Environmental IP43.
• Indications 3 LED’s.
• Heating (input command from thermostat).
• Tracking (PV active).
• Power (device turned on).
• Inputs/Outputs - and + signal input / GND and 12V output.
• Adjustment MPPT range from 60V to 120V (must = PV Vmp).
Geyserwise TSE Geyser Controller
Below you can find more information on a revolutionary product that will drastically reduce your electricity expenditure, while lowering your carbon footprint.
With our intelligent energy control unit you can :
- Digitally program, monitor and control your geyser's energy consumption.
- Save up to 20% on your electricity bill.
- Protect your geyser from malfunctions, scale build up and element failure.
Geyserwise units were designed and patented in South Africa and work on traditional geysers and most solar powered geysers are SABS approved.
PTC Element 2.2kW AC, 900W DC (Please Specify Screw boss and Flange mount)
The dynamic resistance and output of PTC heaters makes them an excellent choice for providing controlled electric heating. In many applications it is possible to do away entirely with thermostatic controls. Simplification of design and reduced energy consumption represent significant cost savings for a given application. The removal of failure prone components such as thermostats can also add significantly to the reliability of a product. Safety is an added benefit, since no matter how much current is applied to the PTC; it will never surpass its intended surface temperature.