The SmartShunt is a good alternative for a BMV battery monitor, especially for systems where battery monitoring is needed but less wiring and clutter is wanted.
The SmartShunt is equipped with Bluetooth, a VE.Direct port and a connection that can be used for: monitoring a second battery, midpoint monitoring or a temperature sensor. The SmartShunt is available in 500A. The 1000A and 2000A will follow later this year.
- Supply voltage range: 6,5 - 70 VDC.
- Current draw: < 1mA.
- Input voltage range, auxiliary battery: 6,5 - 70 VDC.
- Battery capacity (Ah): 1 - 9999 Ah.
- Operating temperature range -40 +50°C.
- Measures voltage of second battery, or temperature, or midpoint: Yes.
- Temperature measurement range: -20 +50°C
- VE.Direct communication port: Yes.
Resolution & Accuracy
- Current: ± 0,01A.
- Voltage: ± 0,01V.
- Amp hours: ± 0,1 Ah.
- State of charge (0 – 100%): ± 0,1%.
- Time to go: ± 1 min.
- Temperature (if optional temperature sensor connected): ± 1°C (0 - 50°C).
- Accuracy of current measurement ± 0,4%.
- Offset Less than 20 / 40 / 80 mA.
- Accuracy of voltage measurement ± 0,3%.
Installation & Dimensions
- Dimensions (h x w x d): 46 x 120 x 54 mm.
- Protection category: IP21.
All solar products, power systems, water heating and gas products and their components must be installed by appropriately qualified personnel. All installations must adhere to local wiring regulations and standards. Sustainable Online will not be held liable for any product malfunctions as a result of incorrectly installed systems.