The Orion-Tr Smart DC-DC charger is a professional DC to DC adaptive 3-stage charger with built-in Bluetooth.
For use in dual battery systems in vehicles or on boats where the (smart) alternator and the start battery are used to charge the service battery. The unit can be monitored and programmed via Bluetooth and can be remotely controlled via a remote on/off switch and has an engine running detection mechanism.
The Orion-Tr Smart charger can be used in 12V or 24V systems and is suitable for both lead acid and lithium batteries. Models are available up to 400W and unlimited multiple units can be connected in parallel to increase output power.
Suitable for high temperatures up to 55°C with a full rated output up to 40°C.
- Bluetooth Smart enabled.
- Fully programmable.
- Adaptive 3-stage charge algorithm: bulk – absorption – float.
- Suitable for use in vehicles with a smart alternator (Euro 5 and Euro 6 engines).
- Remote on-off.
- All models are short circuit proof and can be paralleled to increase output current.
- High temperature protected.
- IP43 protection.
- Screw terminals.
- Input fuse (not replaceable).
Specifications - Orion-Tr Smart Chargers Isolated 12/12-18 (220 W)
- Input voltage range: 8-17 V
- Under voltage shut down: 7 V.
- Under voltage restart: 7,5 V.
- Nominal output voltage: 12,2 V.
- Output voltage adjust range: 10-15 V.
- Output voltage tolerance: +/- 0,2 V.
- Output noise: 2 mV rms.
- Cont. output current at nominal output voltage and 40 °C: 30A.
- Maximum output current (10 s) at nominal output voltage minus 20 %: 25A
- Short circuit output current: 40A.
- Cont. output power at 25 °C: 280W.
- Cont. output power at 40 °C: 220W.
- Efficiency: 87 %.
- No load input current: < 80 mA.
- Standby current Less than: 1 mA.
- Galvanic isolation: 200 VDC between input, output and case.
- Operating temperature range: -20 to +55 °C (derate 3 % per °C above 40 °C).
- Humidity: Max. 95 % non-condensing.
- DC connection: Screw terminals.
- Maximum cable cross-section: 16 mm² (AWG6).
- Weight: 1,3kg.
- Dimensions hxwxd: 130 x 186 x 70 mm.
- Protection category IP43 (electronic components), IP22 (connection area).
- 5 year warranty.
All solar products, power systems, water heating and gas products and their components must be installed by appropriately qualified personnel. All installations must adhere to local wiring regulations and standards. Sustainable Online will not be held liable for any product malfunctions as a result of incorrectly installed systems.