How to calculate your pool cover and ADD to CART - see below
Before adding to cart follow these easy steps and add the result into the QTY box in your CART and leave comments for your calculated dimensions in the comments section during checkout.
First you need to obtain measurements at the pool’s longest length and widest width. Measurements are taken from the inside face of the pool at one end, to the inside face at the opposite end, to determine the longest and widest points of the pool. To ensure that you actually have the longest length and longest width, double check your measurement by taking a second measurement of the length and a second measurement of the width. Position the second measurement a couple of meters away from your first measurement. The two should match. If they don’t match, take the bigger measurement (longest).
Once all measurements have been taken (and confirmed by way of a second measurement), please use these measurements to determine the area of the cover, this is done by multiplying the length times width. Always round up the width measurement to the closest half metre, for example, 2.3m becomes 2.5m. On the length measurement, you can enter the exact length without rounding it upwards. This area is the number you will use in the QTY field when ordering.
Input the area you have calculated and add the item to your cart. In the checkout process there is a comments section where you can add your dimensions so the cover is cut correctly to match your pool. Please note some trimming may still be required when installing, for example rounded corners etc. Now you can proceed to checkout and complete your order.
- Made from GeoBubble 500 micron polyethylene with UV inhibitors and ultraviolet absorbers, Sol+Guard is designed to withstand harsh climate conditions.
- Colour: Sol+Guard GeoBubble is translucent with a light blue tinge.
- Heating properties / solar gain: The Sol+Guard GeoBubble material transmits 80% of the sun’s energy in the visual and IR spectrum through the material to heat the water. Adds up to 8°C to water temperatures, allowing for longer swimming seasons and more enjoyable temperatures during the season.
- Heat retention: the Sol+Guard GeoBubble cover also retains heat overnight and from any heating systems. On heated pools, it reduces the heat source consumption by up to 70%.
- Reduces chemical input: reduces the costs associated with pool upkeep by 40%. Chlorine in the pool is also used more efficiently as it no longer dissipates in sunlight.
- Save water: evaporation reduced by 98%+ with less top-ups required to maintain water levels. Great water savings, especially important for pools in water scarce areas.
- Water hygiene: the pool is kept cleaner and relatively clear of debris, reducing the time spent on pool upkeep. Cleaner water also reduces chemical use.
- Improved aesthetics: Sol+Guard GeoBubble Cover is clear (with blue tinge), it allows pool lights to shine through the cover at night.
- The Sol+Guard GeoBubble carries a 3 year pro rata warranty but can be expected to last well beyond with correct care.
Please note that the GeoBubble range of covers are not child safety covers.
All solar products, power systems, water heating and gas products and their components must be installed by appropriately qualified personnel. All installations must adhere to local wiring regulations and standards. Sustainable Online will not be held liable for any product malfunctions as a result of incorrectly installed systems.