SMA Sunny Island 8.0H-13 Inverter
The Sunny Island has maximum flexibility, from operation in remote off-grid areas to commercial or home energy management. It gives planners total freedom in the size and type of system, the battery and the type of energy generation. Works with self-consumption systems, battery backup systems and off-grid systems.
- Ideal for retrofits or modular expansions of single- and three-phase systems in the 1 to 30 kW range.
- All lead-acid batteries and over 20 different lithium-ion batteries can be used.
- Can be expanded with SMA Multicluster-Technologie for systems in the 20 to 300 kW range.
With the new generation of devices, the tried-and-tested Sunny Island battery inverters are easier and more affordable to install than ever – both in your home and in commercial applications as well as to the utility grid and in off-grid locations.
Communicative in all areas
- Thanks to its integrated user interface and standard WLAN and Ethernet interfaces, the Sunny Island can be immediately and easily configured and monitored via smartphones or tablets.
Uses standard Ethernet and WLAN interfaces
- Web connect for faster and easier PV system monitoring with Sunny Portal / Sunny Places.
- Local monitoring via web interface.
- Optimized data logging for maximum transparency, even without continuous online access.
Operation on the utility grid or generator
- Rated grid voltage / AC voltage range: 230 V / 172.5 V to 264.5 V.
- Rated grid frequency / permitted frequency range: 50 Hz / 40 Hz to 70 Hz.
- Maximum AC current for increased self-consumption (grid operation): 26 A.
- Maximum AC power for increased self-consumption (grid operation): 6 kVA.
- Maximum AC input current: 50 A.
- Maximum AC input power: 11500 W.
Stand-alone or emergency power operation
- Rated grid voltage / AC voltage range: 230 V / 202 V to 253 V.
- Rated frequency / frequency range (adjustable): 50 Hz / 45 Hz to 65 Hz.
- Rated power (at Unom, fnom / 25°C / cos φ = 1): 6000 W.
- AC power at 25°C for 30 min / 5 min / 3 sec: 8000 W / 9100 W / 11000 W.
- AC power at 45°C continuously: 5430 W.
- Rated current / maximum output current (peak): 26 A / 120 A.
- Total harmonic distortion output voltage / power factor at rated power: < 1.5% / −1 to +1.
Battery DC input
- Rated input voltage / DC voltage range: 48 V / 41 V to 63 V.
- Maximum battery charging current / rated DC charging current / DC discharging current: 140 A / 115 A /130 A.
- Battery type / battery capacity (range): Li-Ion1), FLA, VRLA / 100 Ah to 10000 Ah (lead-acid) 50 Ah to 10000 Ah (li-Ion).
- Charge control: IUoU charge procedure with automatic full charge and equalization charge.
Efficiency / self-consumption of the device
- Maximum efficiency: 95.8%.
- No-load consumption / standby: 25.8 W / 6.5 W.
- Dimensions (W / H / D): 467 mm x 612 mm x 242 mm.
- Weight: 63 kg.
- Operating temperature range: −25°C to +60°C.
- Protection class in accordance with IEC 62103: I.
- Climatic category as per IEC 60721: 3K6.
- Degree of protection according to IEC 60529: IP54.