- Inputs (voltage and current)
- Nominal voltage: 230 V / 400 V.
- Frequency: 50 Hz / ±5%.
- Nominal current / limiting current per line conductor: 5 A / 63 A (>63 A can be connected via external current transformers).
- Start-up current: < 25 mA.
- Connection cross-section: 10 mm² to 16 mm² 1) (for 63 A fusing).
- Torque for screw terminals: 2.0 Nm.
Ambient Conditions in Operation
- Ambient temperature: –25°C to +40°C.
- Storage temperature range: –25°C to +70°C.
- Protection class (according to IEC 62103): II.
- Degree of protection (according to IEC 60529): IP2X.
- Max. permissible value for relative humidity (non-condensing): 5% to 90%.
- Elevation above MSL: 0 m to 2000 m.
- Dimensions (W/H/D): 70 mm/88 mm/65 mm.
- Top hat-rail width units: 4.
- Weight: 0.3 kg.
- Mounting location: Switch or meter cabinet.
- Mounting type: Top-hat rail mounting.
- Connection to the local router: via Ethernet cable (10/100 Mbit/s, RJ45 plug).
- Status display: 2 LEDs.
- Self-consumption: < 3 W.
- Measurement accuracy, measuring cycle: 1%, 1000 ms.
System Compatibility (as of January 2017)
- The following devices can be used with the SMA Energy Meter3
- SMA energy management: Sunny Home Manager.
- SMA PV inverter: Sunny Boy 1.5/2.5, Sunny Boy 3.0–5.0.
- SMA storage systems: Sunny Boy Storage, Sunny Boy Smart Energy, Sunny Island X. XH/M.
- SMA communication devices: SMA Cluster Controller.
All solar products, power systems, water heating and gas products and their components must be installed by appropriately qualified personnel. All installations must adhere to local wiring regulations and standards. Sustainable Online will not be held liable for any product malfunctions as a result of incorrectly installed systems.