The batteries are charged at a current equivalent to 0.1 times the capacity expressed in Ampere hours (Ah) for a maximum of 15 hours. (12 - 13 hours would normally be enough with a constant current charger, but 15 hours may be necessary with a taper charger.) The duration of the recharge will depend on the extent of the discharge that the battery has experienced. As an example, the 47 Ah type RR1 battery that has been utilized for 3 hours for lighting a 100W lamp would have consumed 24.9 Ah and therefore must be charged at 5 Ampere for approximately 6 hours.
Features and Benefits
- Handle: Easily Portable.
- Double Separation: Envelope and Matt Separators prevent shedding of active material, thus allowing deep cycling and prevents short circuits.
- State of charge indicator: Fast visual indication of battery condition.
- Hybrid Alloys: Reduced maintenance and low water consumption with extended shelf life.
- Quality: Manufactured in terms of ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
- Code: RR1.
- 20 Hour Cap: 47Ah.
- Dimensions: (Length) 241mm x (Width) 173mm x (Height) 200mm.
- Weight: 14.4 kg.
- Reserve Cap: 80A.
- Cold Cranking: 317 A.
All solar products, power systems, water heating and gas products and their components must be installed by appropriately qualified personnel. All installations must adhere to local wiring regulations and standards. Sustainable Online will not be held liable for any product malfunctions as a result of incorrectly installed systems.