Where an electricity provider is unavailable or avoided, the Kestrel off-grid solution provides the ability to generate reliable power, reduce costs, and minimize inconvenience. Kestrel's off-grid solution provides reliable power from the wind which is stored in batteries. The energy stored in the battery bank is used to provide electricity as and when it is required, even during periods of low generation. The Kestrel off-grid system is recommended where national electricity supply is unavailable, unstable or too costly to connect to.
The main benefits of our off-grid solution include
- Custom-designed systems to meet customer’s needs.
- Incredibly low maintenance.
- Operates in wind speeds more than 200km/h.
- Patented technology allows automatic control.
- More than 800 installations globally.
- Wind alone or wind/solar combination.
- Small Wind Turbine Class: II.
- Maximum Power: 1000W.
- Rated Output: 1000W.
- Rated Windspeed: 10.5ms.
- Cut-in Windspeed: 2.5ms.
- Generator Type: Permanent-magnet Axial flux brushless.
- Rotor Diameter: 3m (5.24ft).
- Number of Blades: 3.
- Blade Material: Fibreglass.
- Overspeed Protection: Pitch Cotrol.
- Controller Type: Charge or Dump.
- Output Voltage: 24V, 36V or 48V.
- Application: Battery-charging.
- Tower Top Mass/Weight: 75kg.
Tower Specifications (Sold separately please request for quote before purchase)
- Tower Height: 12 - 18m.
- Tower Type: Monopole.
- The Kestrel Wind turbine can be used on all off-grid battery systems.
- From Lead Acid, AGM/GEL to Lithium, all that is required is for the controller to be adjusted according to battery manufacturer’s specifications.
All solar products, power systems, water heating and gas products and their components must be installed by appropriately qualified personnel. All installations must adhere to local wiring regulations and standards. Sustainable Online will not be held liable for any product malfunctions as a result of incorrectly installed systems.