Our 100% South African produced bokashi food waste recycling digesters are made from recycled plastic. They include an internal strainer (to separate the leachate from the food waste) and a tap to enable the tapping from the beneficial fermented bokashi juice. This liquid can be used as a powerful liquid fertiliser for plants (dilute 1:300).
- Each kitchen will need 2 x bokashi food waste digesters. Once the first bin is full it is set aside for a 2-week fermentation period. Thereafter the contents are buried, composted or fed to a worm farm where it breaks down to soil within weeks.
- Diverting food waste from landfill and re-using it to enrich soil, is a sustainable way of utilising an otherwise environmental hazard.
- Bins include internal strainer.
- Robust tap to drain bokashi juice.
- Seal tightly.
- Can hold up to 18kg of food waste.
- Only one bokashi food waste digester included.
- Bin dimensions: L 33cm x W 35cm x D 35cm.
- Bin capacity: 25L.
- Bokashi digester weight: 700g.
All solar products, power systems, water heating and gas products and their components must be installed by appropriately qualified personnel. All installations must adhere to local wiring regulations and standards. Sustainable Online will not be held liable for any product malfunctions as a result of incorrectly installed systems.