How to calculate your pool cover and ADD to CART - see below
Before adding to cart follow these easy steps and add the result into the QTY box in your CART and leave comments for your calculated dimensions in the comments section during checkout.
First you need to obtain measurements at the pool’s longest length and widest width. Measurements are taken from the inside face of the pool at one end, to the inside face at the opposite end, to determine the longest and widest points of the pool. To ensure that you actually have the longest length and longest width, double check your measurement by taking a second measurement of the length and a second measurement of the width. Position the second measurement a couple of meters away from your first measurement. The two should match. If they don’t match, take the bigger measurement (longest).
Once all measurements have been taken (and confirmed by way of a second measurement), please use these measurements to determine the area of the cover, this is done by multiplying the length times width. Always round up the width measurement to the closest half metre, for example, 2.3m becomes 2.5m. On the length measurement, you can enter the exact length without rounding it upwards. This area is the number you will use in the QTY field when ordering.
Input the area you have calculated and add the item to your cart. In the checkout process there is a comments section where you can add your dimensions so the cover is cut correctly to match your pool. Please note some trimming may still be required when installing, for example rounded corners etc. Now you can proceed to checkout and complete your order.
- The EnergyGuard GeoBubble material absorbs the wavelengths that ordinarily promote algae’s photosynthesis, instead, converting these wavelengths into heat through conduction. The cover also directly transmits other wavelengths into the pool water where they heat the water directly. This means that all available wavelengths of solar energy are efficiently harnessed and utilised to heat the pool while keeping the pool algae free at the same time.
- Made from durable 500 micron GeoBubble material. The improved GeoBubble shape is scientifically designed to prevent the premature degradation around bubble corners, increasing longevity by 25%, resulting in a sustainable, 100% recyclable, energy-saving and cost-efficient product.
- The non-toxic additives used combine chemical and weather-resistant pigments with high-performance light, weather and chemical stabilization.
- Colour: The EnergyGuard GeoBubble has a dark blue surface with a black underside.
- Heat generation and heat retention: EnergyGuard GeoBubble: EnergyGuard’s GeoBubble technology absorbs the sun’s heat and transfers it to the water, generating free energy and raising temperatures by up to 7º C. Because the water is not exposed to cool air, energy is no longer lost in the evaporation process – one of the main causes of heat loss. On heated pools, EnergyGuard allows for lower settings on heat pumps. Solar heating is more effective too. The swimming season can be extended by 6 to 8 weeks.
- Reduce algae growth and debris: The EnergyGuard Selective Transmission cover uses light filtration technology to absorb the wavelengths that promote the growth of algae. The cover also prevents debris from collecting in the water which greatly improves water aesthetics and hygiene.
- Reduce filtration/pump time: Filtration is still required for aeration and eradicating minor impurities but pump time can be halved which makes for considerable power savings. In an average domestic pool, the pool pump consumes 12% of the household’s electricity. The EnergyGuard reduces this by 50%.
- Prevent evaporation – save water: In local conditions, an average pool (8m x 4m) can lose up to 38 400 litres of water annually if left uncovered. By working as a barrier over the water’s surface, the EnergyGuard GeoBubble cover eliminates water loss and the 98% reduction in evaporation means considerable water savings.
- Save money: In an average household, 12% of the electricity bill can be attributed to the pool pump. By using less energy, less chemicals and less water, the EnergyGuard GeoBubble has a payback period of approximately 18 months.
- The EnergyGuard GeoBubble is expected to last 6 years and carries a reducing warranty of 3 years. Please refer to our ‘How to care for your cover’ brochure to ensure this lifespan.
Please note that the GeoBubble range of covers are not child safety covers.