Some battery combiners (also called voltage-controlled relay, or split charge relay) will disconnect a battery in case of a short but high amperage load. A battery combiner also may fail to connect a large but discharged battery bank because the DC voltage immediately drops below the disengage value once the batteries are connected. The software of the Cyrix-ct 12/24 does more than simply connect and disconnect based on battery voltage and with a fixed time delay. The Cyrix-ct 12/24 looks at the general trend (voltage increasing or decreasing) and reverses a previous action only if the trend has reversed during a certain period. The time delay depends on the voltage deviation from the trend.
- Long bolts to allow connection of more than one power cable.
- Protection against overheating (due to a long duration overload e.g.)
- LED status indication (Cyrix 12/24 230 only).
- 12/24 V auto ranging.
- No voltage loss.
- Prioritising the starter battery.
- Bidirectional voltage sensing and power supply from both batteries.
- Parallel connection in case of emergency (Start Assist).
- LED status indication: No.
- Continuous current: 120 A.
- Cranking rating (5 seconds): 180 A.
- Connect voltage: From 13 V to 13,8 V and 26 to 27,6 V with intelligent trend detection.
- Disconnect voltage: From 11 V to 12,8 V and 22 to 25,7 V with intelligent trend detection.
- Current consumption when open: <4 mA.
- Current consumption when closed: 12 V: 220 mA 24 V: 120 mA.
- Start Assist: Yes (Cyrix remains engaged for 30 seconds).
- Control cable included (length 1 m): No.
- Protection category: IP54.
- Weight kg: 0,11.
- Dimensions (h x w x d in mm): 46 x 46 x 80.