LifeStraw® Personal Portable Water Purifier
LifeStraw® uses advanced hollow fibre technology. This is a highly efficient method of filtration. Hollow fibre membrane requires no chemicals like chlorine or iodine.
How it works
• Water enters and is forced through narrow fibres under high pressure.
• Hollow fibres trap bacteria, protozoa, and other contaminants which are flushed out by backwashing.
• Clean water exits through tiny pores in the walls of the hollow fibres.
• Filtered water is safe to drink.
• Micro-filtration technology instantly converts contaminated water into safe drinking water.
• Removes bacteria, protozoan cysts and turbidity from the water.
• Can purify 1000 litres of water, enough for an individual for approximately 1 year without the need for repeat interventions.
• Made of durable FDA-approved plastic.
• Doesn’t require electrical power or batteries.
• Ideal to provide safe drinking water to people on the move (such as school students, for people into camping, trekking and other outdoors, armed forces, etc.) or those displaced by natural disasters.