We believe that responsible manufacturing includes creating and maintaining a strong evidence base for our product claims and their intended impacts. All products undergo rigorous independent testing to meet or exceed protocols established by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) We also built and run an ISO accredited water laboratory based in Vietnam that does quality validation and testing of all of our new and existing products.
- Hollow fibre membrane filter: 0.2-micron pore size. Removes 99.999999% of bacteria, 99.999% of parasites, and 99.999% of microplastics.
- Also removes turbidity (silt, sand, and cloudiness).
- Carbon fibre filter: Improves taste while reducing lead and other heavy metals, chlorine, and organic chemical matter such as pesticides, herbicides, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- Meets US EPA drinking water standards for bacteria and protozoa reduction.
- Meets NSF/ANSI Standard 42 for chlorine reduction, bad taste, odour.
- Meets NSF/ANSI Standard 53 for lead reduction.
- Hollow fibre filter lifetime: 2,000 litres
- Carbon filter lifetime: 100 litres
- Filtration powered by suction (as a straw or in-line), pressure (in the squeezable bottle), gravity (when paired with a gravity system).
- Flow Rate: 0.9 l/minute.
- Kit includes: LifeStraw Flex filter, 22 oz soft bottle and backwashing syringe for cleaning
- Filtration technology: Hollow fibre microfiltration membrane (0.2 microns) paired with a carbon fibre filter
- Microbiological filter capacity: 2,000 litres (Pores clog over time as the filter is used; reaching end of life when water cannot pass through.
- Carbon filter capacity: 25 gallons (100 litres). With frequent use, recommended to change filter every 3 months.
- Soft bottle material: TPU.
- Soft bottle capacity: 22 fl oz.
- Soft bottle size: 10.6” x 3.85”.
- Filter size: 6.42” x 1.49”.
- Product weight with soft bottle: 3.15 oz (0.20 lbs).
- BPA Free.
Can be used as a straw or in the soft bottle provided.
Fits most standard size hydration bladders. Using the LifeStraw Flex in-line with a hydration bladder is done by cutting the hose at the mouthpiece or midway. See how
Replaceable hollow fibre membrane and carbon filters available
Stage 1: The hollow fibre membrane removes
- 99.999999% of bacteria (E. coli).
- 99.999% of parasites (Giardia, Cryptosporidium, etc.).
- 99.999% of microplastics.
Stage 2: The activated carbon capsule reduces
- Bad odour and taste.
- Organic chemical matter.