The first DC spherical motor pump for direct connection to photovoltic panels with automatic performance optimization using Maximum Power Point (MPP) tracking.
The principle of the spherical motor, which was invented by Laing, is fundamentally different from conventional canned motor pumps. The only moving part in a spherical motor is a hemispherical rotor/impeller unit which sits on an ultra-hard, wear-resistant ceramic ball. There are no conventional shaft bearings or seals. This eliminates bearing noise and seal leaks. This pump is robust and has an estimated service life in excess of 50,000 hours.
The self-realigning bearing is lubricated and cooled by the media. Maintenance is not necessary under normal conditions. Even after prolonged shutdown, the pump will start reliably. All parts exposed to the fluid are completely corrosion resistant.
Over-temperature safety device
The Ecocirc Solar pump comes with an integrated over-temperature safety device which shuts off the pump electronics when reaching temperature over 230°F. When the temperature of the pumped fluid is below 203°F the pump will function normally. The temperature of the electronic components is influenced by the temperature of the pumped media as well as by the speed setting.
After reaching a critical temperature 203°F the pump will lower its speed automatically in order to avoid a total shutdown. However, if the temperature continues to rise (e.g. caused by too hot pumped media), the pump will eventually shut down completely. After cooling down, the pump will restart automatically.
- Soft start at very low in-rush current ( soft start algorithm, less than 1 Watt required ).
- Economical and powerful.
- Long life, blockage free and maintenance free.
- RF suppressed.
- Protection against reverse polarity.
- Micro processor optimized flow.
- Motor design : Electronically commutated spherical motor with permanent magnet rotor/impeller.
- Voltage : 12 - 24 Volt.
- Power consumtion* : min. start-up power consumption less than 1 Watt, max power consumption 22 Watts.
- Current draw : 0.25 - 1.46A.
- Acceptable media : domestic hot water, heating water, water/glycol mixtures, other media on request**.
- Environment : IP 42.
- Insulation Class : Class F.
Power consumtion and start may vary in different installations. Please check pump performance with more than 20% glycol