A surge is an abnormal but temporary high voltage on the electrical mains caused by non-direct lightning strikes or from noise possibly produced by the use of heavy duty appliances, heavy duty machinery or large power tools. Lowest clamping voltage is 300 volts, (the voltage level at which the surge is stopped and is dropped to a safe level). Where other surge protectors clamp between 700 and 800 volts. Absorbs up to16 500 Amps on live and neutral and up to 13 000 Amps on earth. This product does not protect against direct lightning strikes.
- Insurance Complaints.
- Tested to the highest South African standards.
- Surge Safe Plug has a built-in mains tester.
- Check that the wiring in the wall socket is safe to use.
- Quicker reaction time ensures full protection from power surges.
- Shows if the surge protector is working correctly.
- Protects 1 appliance only.
All solar products, power systems, water heating and gas products and their components must be installed by appropriately qualified personnel. All installations must adhere to local wiring regulations and standards. Sustainable Online will not be held liable for any product malfunctions as a result of incorrectly installed systems.