The Superhead rainwater filter is designed to automatically flush the first polluted water that comes off the roof when it rains and then diverts only clean water into your rainwater tank. It can either be mounted directly to some water tanks or on the wall and is suitable for both side and top inlet tanks.
The adjustable drainage plug which is attached to the bottom of the flush pipe is designed to slowly drain the dirty/polluted flush water. This means that in the event of frequent rain, the system does not need to do a full flush every time, maximizing the amount of water that you collect in your tanks while ensuring that the water entering the tanks is clean.
The Superhead rainwater tank filter is the only unit on the South African market that combines all of the following products into one unit, making it cost effective, neat and compact and easy to install.
* First flush diverter
* One way diverter. (Stops any floating debris from getting back into the system and blocking the insect screen)
* Rotating outlet (rotates 360°)
* Rain head
* A filter for the flush pipe drain
* A leaf screen with a stainless steel mesh.
* Insect screen
* Adjustable drainage plug
* Removable flush cap (Allowing easy access to the inside of the flush pipe for cleaning, etc)
The Superhead rainwater filter has a 10 year guarantee.
How does the system work?
1. When it first rains, polluted water is washed off your roof and gutters and flows into the top of the Superhead.
2. All large debris including leaves, will not be able to get into the unit and simply fall of the screen.
3. This polluted water flows into the unit and is automatically diverted through the one-way filter into the flush pipe (Standard 110mm pipe) which is connected to the bottom of the Superhead unit.
4. As soon as the flush pipe is full, the clean water is diverted into the water tank.
5. This water passes though an insect screen, stopping any insects or floating debris from getting into the water tank. This screen is automatically cleaned every time rain enters the Superhead.
6. The polluted water will slowly empty through the adjustable drain at the base of the flush pipe.
Requirements and flush volume
It is recommended to have a Superhead unit on every downpipe. However, Depending on the size of your catchment area and your requirements, you may only need a single unit.
The amount of water needed to be flushed depends on the following:
* The size of your roof. It is recommended that you flush a minimum of 20L per 100sq/m of roof catchment area. A standard installation is usually between 14L-25L depending on the rate of drainage, however this can be increased by installing more than one Superhead.
* If you want to use the water for drinking, then it is recommended to have a larger flush.
* If you live close to trees on in an area where you are likely to have more pollution on the roof, then we would recommend that you install more than one Superhead, to increase the flush to around 80L to 100L per 100m of roof area.
Please note that stock availability is subject to prior sales. Prices exclude delivery.
|Disclaimer||Please note that stock availability is subject to prior sales. Prices exclude delivery. The image serves as an example of what the product looks like and may differ slightly in appearance.|
|Guarantee/ Warranty||12 month product warranty|
|Water Recycling Product Type||Rain Water Storage|