- Solar Power Kits
- Solar Panels
- Solar Inverters
- Solar Storage Batteries
- Charge Controllers
- Battery Chargers
- System Accessories
- Solar Battery Chargers
- Solar Powered Pumps
- Solar Fridges
Whether you go completely off-grid or simply supplement your household energy intake by starting off gradually with a smaller system; solar power is a great way of coping with the ongoing increase in energy costs currently haunting the South African public. The initial investment of solar power is often enough to scare one off from going solar, but the truth is that the payback period of your investment and the subsequent rewards make solar power affordable to most home and business owners.
Solar Power Virtually free?
Many solar power suppliers try to sell solar energy as free, the truth, however, is that there are initial setup and transfer costs. Previously, the cost of adapting your home to make use of solar power was almost prohibitive, despite the obvious advantages. These days, with advances in technology and increased awareness for the need of renewable energy, the cost of solar power equipment has been driven down, making it more affordable for everyone.
Sustainable.co.za provides all the equipment that you need to setup a complete solar power system for your home. Our primary focus is on the promotion of green living and we aim to make solar power affordable for everyone, as a result our prices are reasonable and we have regular special offers and promotions.
Advantages of solar power
- Save money in the long run: after initial setup costs have been taken care of, solar energy is indeed free.
- Power your entire household or supplement power use: solar power generates enough energy to power an entire household, but if that kind of dependence on an admittedly intermittent power source worries you, you can always use solar power to supplement your power needs – use it to heat your pool or your geyser or for outdoor lighting.
- Solar power systems are durable and low maintenance: once you’re equipped you’re set to enjoy years of trouble free energy.
- Store energy: solar power can be stored for inevitable rainy days, so you don’t have to worry about your oven being cut off in the middle of a dinner party. And if you use solar power as a supplemental source of energy, excess electricity generated can be fed back into the grid, which is credited against your conventional power bill.
- Environmentally friendly: solar power doesn’t produce any carbon emissions, it’s clean and renewable, which allows you to reduce your carbon footprint and do your bit to alleviate global warming.
- Silent: with no machines or power lines used to generate solar power, systems are completely silent.
Disadvantages of solar power
- Setup costs/Capitol investment.
- Intermittent power source: solar power is obviously not always available – the sun sets, it rains. But solar power can be complemented by the generation of wind power, or simply stored for later use.
- Many solar power storage systems store enough energy to power your home for up to five days.
Solar power not only makes environmental sense, it also makes economic sense. Reduce your electricity bills and carbon footprint at the same time with solar power systems from Sustainable.co.za. Contact us now to enjoy the advantages of virtually free energy generation – and learn more about solar power.