LifeStraw® Family uses advanced hollow fibre technology. Water is forced through narrow fibres under high pressure. Clean water exits through tiny pores in the walls of the hollow fibres, but bacteria, protozoa, and other contaminants are trapped inside the hollow fibres and are flushed out by backwashing. This is a highly efficient method of filtration.
How it works
• Feed water bucket with pre-filter has 2 litre capacity for filling with unpurified water.
• The 80 micron textile pre-filter removes coarser particles and is easy to clean.
• Halogen chamber releases low-level chlorine to prevent membrane fouling.
• Plastic hose is one metre long. Gravity creates sufficient pressure on the membrane cartridge in order to reach a high flow rate.
• Ultra filtration takes place in the membrane cartridge – a pore size of 20 nanometre retains bacteria, viruses, parasites and fine dirt particles.
• Blue tap is turned to release purified water.
• Backwashing of the membranes is done by squeezing the red bulb three times and releasing the dirty water from the red tap.
• Exit valve disposes the dirt and impurities.
Please NOTE!!! Water from the red exit tap should never be consumed.
• Ultra-filtration technology instantly converts contaminated water into safe drinking water.
• Removes bacteria, viruses, protozoan cysts and turbidity from the water.
• Can purify 18,000 litres of water, enough for a family of five for approximately 3 years without the need for repeat interventions.
• Made of durable FDA-approved plastic.
• Doesn’t require electrical power or batteries.
• Ideal to provide safe drinking water to low-income households having limited infrastructure.
|Disclaimer||Please note that stock availability is subject to prior sales. Prices exclude delivery. The image serves as an example of what the product looks like and may differ slightly in appearance.|
|Guarantee/ Warranty||3 year product warranty|