LifeStraw® Community is a high-volume point-of-use water purifier with built-in safe storage that provides safe drinking water for community, educational and institutional settings. It prevents waterborne disease such as diarrhoea, typhoid, cholera, worms, and cryptosporidiosis.
How it works
• 25 litres of untreated water is poured into the top of the unit, also called the dirty water container.
• The pre-filter removes coarse particles larger than 80 microns.
• The ultrafiltration hollow-fibre membrane cartridge, located inside the main dark blue body of the filter, then stops all turbidity particles and pathogens larger than 20 nanometres (including all bacteria, viruses and protozoan cysts). Particles and microbes larger than 20 nanometres stay on the dirty side of the membrane and clean/purified water passes through the membrane.
• Purified water can be collected from any of the four taps.
• The backwashing handle allows semi-automatic backwashing; when it is pulled down and released, pathogens and dust particles on the dirty side of the membrane are lifted by backpressure and then flushed out into the red backwash container.
Please NOTE!! Water from the red container should never be consumed.
• Ultra-filtration technology instantly converts contaminated water into safe drinking water.
• Removes bacteria, viruses, protozoan cysts and turbidity from the water.
• A built-in safe storage prevents the purified water from recontamination.
• Total capacity of 50 litres; serves approximately 50-100 people per day.
• Filtration rate - 12L/hour.
• Can purify up to 100,000 litres of water, enough to serve community settings for several years.
• Chemical-free (chemical-free filtration prevents waterborne diseases like diarrhoea, typhoid, cholera and worms).
• Made of durable FDA-approved plastic.
• Doesn’t require electrical power or batteries.
• 4 taps allow access to water at high volumes.
|Disclaimer||Please note that stock availability is subject to prior sales. Prices exclude delivery. The image serves as an example of what the product looks like and may differ slightly in appearance.|
|Guarantee/ Warranty||5 year product warranty|