Let’s look at some maths on how our heat pumps saves you money
• A 200 litre geyser has a 4KW element. A bath or shower in the morning for a family takes up about 30 minutes of use (drains the geyser) let’s assume that the recovery time is 1.5 hours. The same in the evening. This gives us a total of 4 hrs per day.
• A geyser has a heat loss of 3.6 hours per day on average. Let’s round this down to 3 hours. This gives us a total of 7 hours usage per day. Multiply this by the 4KW and by 30 days gives us a total of 840 KWhrs.
• In most cases if the variable (number of hours) is correct the kilowatt hours should be between 60 - 80% of the total usage in a household (the average household). 840 x R1.47 = R1 234.80 (residential incl. VAT). A FFD-5.4 has a power input of 1.28 KW and an output of 5.4 KW (or kilojoules).
• We use the same maths keeping the variable the same 1.28 x 7hrs x 30 days = 268.80 KWhrs; 68.80 KWhrs x R1.47 = R395.14.
• That’s a savings of 571.20 KWhrs or the equivalent of 571KG of CO2 – The rand value savings is R839.66.
How to choose the right domestic heat pump for your hot water requirements
• As we have sold and installed about 8000 domestic heat pumps, we believe that we can give you great advice here from our experience. Most domestic geysers use 1kW of electric element to 50L of hot water storage.
Therefore if you were not running out of hot water your system requirements will be as follows
• 3.8kW on a 150L geyser.
• 5.4kW on a 200L geyser.
• 7.6kW on a 300L geyser or 2 x 150L geysers in series.
• 9.3kW on 2 x 200L geysers in series.
• Model No: FFD-5.4.
• Power Supply: 220V~240V/1Ph/50Hz.
• Max Outlet Water Temp: 60C
• Water Heating: A20/W15~55.
• Heating Capacity: 5,4kw.
• Hot Water Output: 107 L/h.
• Input (water pump included): 1,28kw.
• COP: 3, 89 W/W.
• Rated Current: 3, 91 A.
• Compressor: Toshiba.
• Water Pump: Wilo.
• Refrigerant Quantity: 850g.
• Refrigerant Type: R410A.
• Outdoor Noise Level dB (A): 53.
• Dimensions (L x W x H): 935 mm x 282 mm x 545 mm.
• Weight: NG 49kg / WG 54kg.
• Warranty: 24 months / 2 years.
• 22mm Ball Valve x 2 Kit.
• 22mm Y Strainer x 1.
• Automatic air release valve 110C x 1.
• Loading Valve LK550 + Non Return x 1.
• Change over switch x 1.
• Banjo Valve x 1.
• 600mm wall mounting bracket x 1.
|Disclaimer||Please note that stock availability is subject to prior sales. Prices exclude delivery. The image serves as an example of what the product looks like and may differ slightly in appearance.|
|Guarantee/ Warranty||2 year product warranty|
|Voltage||220 - 240V AC|