Win Tickets to the Greenpop Platbos Reforest Fest!
This entry was posted on May 6, 2014.
Camp in Africa’s southernmost indigenous forest and plant thousands of trees to restore the original abundance that is the Platbos Forest Reserve area. Work hard by day and play hard by night. With excellent live music and new friends to meet, you’ll be sure to have an unforgettable experience at the Greenpop Reforest Fest. The good news is that Sustainable.co.za is giving away two tickets to the Friends Fest to one lucky winner! All you need to do to enter the competition is to comment on our Facebook post, and tell us what your favourite tree is. You may also enter on Twitter by retweeting our competition tweet.
More about the event
This year, Greenpop aims to plant between 6000 and 8000 trees over the stretch of two weekends, the Family Fest (9-11 May) and Friends Fest (16-18 May). Platbos historically contained many species of trees, some dating 1000 years of age, with a unique mix of indigenous trees from coastal and mountainous regions. Unfortunately parts of Platbos have been cleared over the past few decades for cultivation and have also been taken over by invasive alien vegetation, which poses a serious fire risk to the forest, which has become endangered, and its ecosystem – you can make a difference through this worthy cause.
What to expect at the Family Fest (9-11 May)
The Family Fest is a weekend for the whole family with fun and educational activities for all ages. Participants may expect tree planting and forest dancing and enjoy an early night under the stars. There will also be great live music to enjoy including DJ Pure, Jamie Juipiter and Pat McKay (of Two Minute Puzzle) and Zoe and Vusa of Zula Sound Bar! In celebration of Mother's Day on Sunday there will be a special Mom's Tree Planting!
The Friends Fest (16-18 May)
The Friends Fest will be held in a similar vein to the Family Fest, but with music and partying that will go on for much later on the Saturday night. All ages are welcome at both fests, but if you have dancing feet the Friends Fest is for you. The Friends Fest line-up includes Lemonella, Kimon, Simon van Gend, Zoe and Vusa, TouchWood, The Country Conquerors, Grassy Spark, and Bobzyouruncle. To make things even better all tickets include six delicious meals (Friday dinner to Sunday lunch). It's a camping weekend so bring along your tent. The event is a fairly intimate event and the forest is very precious therefore only 300 tickets per weekend have become available! For more information about the event details view the Facebook event.
View the video of last year’s event:
Competition Terms and Conditions:
- This competition is facilitated by Sustainable.co.za with the permission of Greenpop SA.
- By entering this competition, you agree to the rules set out below.
- The competition is not open to: (a) Directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of Sustainable.co.za or Greenpop SA, or any supplier of goods or services in connection with the event and (b) Spouses, life partners, business partners or associates, or the natural or adopted parents, children, or siblings, of any of the persons specified above.
- The competition is open to all South African citizens and permanent residents of the age of 18 years or older.
- The competition commences on 6th of May 2014 and closes on Friday, 12th of May at 12:00pm.
- The competition prize includes two tickets to the second Greenpop Reforest Fest, the Friends Fest which will take place between the 16th and 18th of May. The tickets cannot be swopped for the Family Fest tickets.
- To enter the competition via Twitter, participants must re-tweet the competition banner as posted by Sustainable.co.za
- To enter this competition on Facebook, participants will be required to share their favourite tree species in the form of a comment.
- The winners will be chosen randomly by a number generator and notified via social media.
- The winner must be willing to provide their basic personal details for the event’s guest list to redeem the tickets.
- Winners will be announced on the Sustainable.co.za blog on Friday the 12th of May 2014.
- Failure to respond to the Facebook or Twitter message by Monday the 13th of May 2014 will result in the prize being forfeited and an alternative winner being chosen.
- The prize is not transferable. No substitution, cash redemption or assignment of prize is permitted.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners agree to the disclosure of their identity on Facebook and any other publication selected by Sustainable.co.za and Greenpop SA.